WMSS (formerly the GVRC) has had a Two Meter Championships for over 25 years. This Summer it is on August 20-21 near Grand Rapids Michigan. It has always been a MON on Man event. It inspired the Nats MOM format. Just ask Jim Thomas or Mike Stump.

By the way Jim Thomas email me as I lost your email address in a computer crash.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Flying High" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Les Grammer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "exchange" <soaring@airage.com>
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2005 11:35 AM
Subject: [RCSE] 2-meters suck....??? Sure they do, but they do look Cool??!?!? Well some do....

Les and Craig get my vote on 2M flying.  THEY MAKE YOU A
BETTER TD PILOT for the bigger stuff!!!  Too bad you don't
see many contest with 2M class these days, just like the
standard class that has come and gone... flying the shorter
wingspan stuff does sharpen your skills, another reason why
I've improved very slightly over the past years.  Practice
and Practice is still the key as we all know it but you
should learn to be some what a "Jack of all trades"... is
that the saying???
2M pilots do need more friends!  Hey, you don't have to
listen to me, but it would be nice to see more pilots
compete in this class.  Okay, what is the 2M to get???
Which ever one you feel comfortable flying and feel it will
give you an edge!  There's still many models out there to
fill your needs, I fly an Organic only because it's cool
looking, not because it floats like a feather or penetrates
in windy conditions or because it lands on a dime!  I would
never fly a glider that does all that!  I fly the ORGANIC
just because of it's looks!!!  :-)

Friends don't let Friends fly UGLY 2M gliders!!!!

Edgar
"the Soaring Junkie"

--- Les Grammer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Oh, ow! ow! ow! ow! ow!!!!??!!!

I've sat here on the sidelines for what, 4 years now,
watching sporadic
attacks on 2-meter.  "Just grin and bear it" has been my
mantra.

But now, our national champ comes out and says 2-meter's
suck??  Ow, oW OW!!!

How many of you got started with a 2-meter?  When a new
pilot finally
shows up at our flying field, more often than not they
are flying a
2-meter.  They only move on because everyone wants the to
look good by
max'ing every flight (more easily, as skill requirements
to do so with
2-meter are much higher), thus off to open they float.

I find 2-meter great fun!  Hot rods of the sky, able to
leap tall buildings
in a single bound (if there's lift).  And yea, as I grow
old(er) any my
eyes become a problem and reflexes slow, I'll slowly
leave 2-m behind and
move to a bigger RES (along with open).  2-meter is not
for the faint of
heart.  But I'll always have a soft spot for a good,
full-house
work-it-across-the-sky hot rod of a 2-meter.  I think
2-m;s provide a much
better test of your flying skills than open or res planes
do.  And yea,
they suck when there's no lift!  But hey, they provide a
good separation of
the "pilots" from the flyers.  It IS easier to fly a
bigger plane.  That's
part of what makes it so interesting.  I guess you have
to put me into that
die-hard 2-meter camp.

This is all said with the utmost respect to Daryl.  No
attack on his
opinion is intended.  He is the champ, afterall!   But
hey, I (and you)
don't HAVE to agree with him.  Hell, here in Washington,
that would imply
I'd have to listen to the guidance of governor Gregoire
... no, make that
governor Rossi ... no, Gregoire ... oops, no make that
Rossi again ...
sigh, now Gregoire ... now HUH?  (think I'll move to
Idaho!)

2-meter friends just need more friends!  :-)

-Les Grammer
-NWSS (Super V rules!!)

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.
Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that subscribe
and unsubscribe messages must be sent in text only format
with MIME turned off.  Email sent from web based email