"Kind of like asking pattern to have a trainer 40 class at the
NATS,..."  That is exactly what AMA does. AMA events include many
that can be described as novice (entry-level) classes, and many of
those are included in the NATS (e.g. Formula 40 speed, Sport speed,
Profile Carrier & Slow Combat).  Specifically, the 2004 NATS included
four classes of RC pattern – "you can look it up".  Granted, many
events targeted for novices soon become competitive (Rat Racing e.g. –
 not mention RES).  If the pattern officials thought they could
attract 50 entries, I think they would consider a Trainer 40 class.
And why not?   Regis

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Bill Malvey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I'll again note that I don't see many newbies showing up at the
field with  a
> > 3M full house moldie. But I do see them come out with a 2M TD or
1.8M speed
> > 400. So let's play to the strength of that distribution.
>

> And how many "Newbies" show up at the NATS to fly 2M with their GP
Spirits??