The 845 is good for normal environments. It's not the best tape if you are in a hot location where you regularly fly above mid-90 degrees. Not too bad in the cold.

Mike Remus wrote:
Hi Steve, The book tape that I have in my hand is in a box and is made by
3M and has a part number 845.
It is very clear, will not stretch, and does not yellow with age. It also
has a very good tack.  It is intended to repair the spine of a book cover
when it and loosens up.  I find it in our local Teacher Supply and
artists store.  I have never seen it in any hard ware type store.  I
think it may be available in colors, but I always use the clear.