We here in Korea use LiPo's almost exclusively now.  I charge my LiPos
only at 1C and have had no problems.  Key to dealing with the hour of
charging time is having more than 1 battery for each airframe and having
at least 3 planes out in the field with me :)

Hee-Choon Sam Lee
Seoul, Korea
Member of RCCAFE, AMA 817622