Hi Tom

I haven't used a slider for camber control in over 10 years (since the Airtronics Vision). For a given angle of attack there is only one flap setting that will result in minimum drag, be it positive camber for high AOA or negative camber (reflex) for lower AOA's.

Airfoils obviously are designed to need no camber changing devices when near their "normal" AOA (for soaring, this would be near Best or Max L/D AOA). Deviations from Max L/D AOA may benefit from small changes in camber to reduce drag.

Some airfoils respond well to camber changing. Some thin, low cambered airfoils, don't like high AOA's and respond well to a little camber at high AOA (the Nyx comes to mind here). Higher cambered airfoils like the 7037 do fine without camber. Although they may benefit with a little camber near the stalling AOA, the benefit won't be as noticeable as with the low cambered airfoil. You really need to deviate quite a bit from Max L/D AOA to need positive or negative camber, i.e. flying very slow in a thermal or pushing hard and fast. If you're using more than a few degrees either way, you're probably using too much. Play with 1/16 to 3/16 inch of positive and negative camber on a toggle switch and save yourself the hassle of messing with the slider. I'll agree with George Voss--The odds of you selecting the correct camber setting with the slider while thermalling is slim to none.

Try putting Launch/Cruise on a 2 position switch and Thermal/ Speed on a 3 position switch (all as presets) and do away with the slider.

Sorry, I know I haven't answered your original question (my 9303 is too new for me to have figured out the answer to that. If you figure it out, let me know just for my general knowledge). Try Tom Copp at www.F3X.com. He might be able to give you an answer since he's proficient with the radio. He also has a couple JR manuals on his website that have instructions for setting up a sailplane.

Ben Clerx