I don't agree that Single Conversion recievers have limited range.  Now,
there are a group of recievers that have been designed for light weight
and small size that do exhibit short range, but they have been designed
for small, park flyers and indoor apl;;ications where long range is not an
issue, in fact, the increased sensitivity would be detrimental to
operation in limited space available.  Just don't put one of these in you
1/3 rd scale Phoebus sailplane and expect to speck it out.

Dual conversion mostly affects image rejection and spurious signals and if
all other things are equal, dual conversion is better.

.........bc    AG4YQ  Williamsburg, VA