After using it for around 3 months in the conventional way (way it was intended to be used), I modified my JR 9303. This was also prompted by the way Joe has set up his 9303. He programmed the Elev D/R switch on the far left to be launch mode on/off  (toward you or down is on), and he programmed the Land/Cruise/Launch switch to be Thermal/Cruise/Speed. I think he also had to change the wiring on one of the switches, or turn it around. This allows all of the various modes to be accessed with your left thumb so that you can keep your right hand on the stick where it belongs.

My solution was slightly different, and required a tiny bit of easy rewiring and relocation which is very easy on this radio. The total modification took around 45 minutes including figuring out what to do.

The result is that my far left switch is Launch/Cruise/Land switch moved over one position to the left and rotated 180 degrees so that Launch mode is toward you (down) and Landing Mode is full up or away. The three position switch from the right (Thermal/Cruise/Speed) is then relocated where the left three position switch was located (requires one longer wire). The Elev D/R switch that was on the far left is now where the Thermal/Cruise/Speed switch was located next to the Ail D/R switch.

The radio front panel switches are now located as follows (from left to right):

Land          Speed       Flap Trim                    Aux Trim          Elev D/R          Aile D/R

Cruise        Cruise

Launch       Thermal

I will be modifying another for a friend and I will take some pictures of what to do. If anyone else is interested just email me direct and I can send you the info on how to do it.

Henry P. Schorz

Executive Vice President - Chief Scientist

ACT Litigation Services

27200 tourney Road  Suite 450

Valencia, Ca  91355

PH:  (661) 284-6401 x232

FX: (661) 284-7654

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments may be legally privileged and confidential.  If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments immediately.  You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the contents to any other person.  Thank you in advance for your cooperation.