At 11:44 PM 2/24/05 +0000, Chris Veitch wrote:
Tom

Re:- During landing, the Sharon doesn't like a lot of radical flap modulation.

Can you clarify what you mean by this, save me guessing as I am just kitting my electric one out at present.

TIA

Chris

Hi Chris,

The flaps are huge on the Sharon and full deployment results in rapid decay of airspeed and I'm guessing that there is also some flow detachment as well. Pilots who tend to adjust their final landing speed by "all or nothing" application of flaps, especially if they are dropping 90 degrees, will quickly witness the Sharon's tendency to "stop flying" with this type of approach.

A gradual application of the flaps and smooth, consistent energy management eliminate this problem. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice flying plane.....

Tom Hoopes - ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

      ------   Hoopes Designs   -----
"Taking the hassle out of wing wiring harnesses"
       <http://www.hoopesdesigns.com>