Jay Decker wrote:

Steve I appologize if my comment offended you. When people exchange
opinions, their views will sometimes clash.

It is my opinion that if the signal to noise ratio is not addressed,
eventually, some folks will stop reading and contributing, e.g.,
providing Rodent dimensions to your Open Source Rodent thread. There
will be so much chit-chat in the subject forums to comb through it
will not be worth their time.

No worries Jay, I did not take personal offense in any way--in fact I completely agree with your analysis of the slippage on RCGroups. In all honesty, I'm definitely a big part of the problem with the noise in the Slope forum. It's one of my personal regrets, and I'm trying to address the issue (i.e. stay on topic more with my posts). I do truly appreciate your contribution to my Fauxdent effort--apologies if my message come off in any other way!

My response--which could surely have been worded better--was meant more as a general commentary on how to maintain quality in our online resources and definitely not as a personal attack against you. Please accept my apologies if it didn't read that way. I got hit in the head by a plane today and perhaps I'm not in my right--not to mention my RCGroups withdrawal symptoms kicking in (wish I was joking).

Anyways, my theory is that these resources will be as good as we make them. I know you do your part, I'm trying to make my contribution more substantial, and I thank everyone else who is doing the same. Hopefully a little self-policing on RCGroups can save the Slope forum, it's a nice place and it would be a shame to see it go completely to pot.

Steve