Jim,

I have built a whole bunch of those.

I align it by resting the fuse in the building table on the wing saddle. I then use scrap balsa pieces to hold the tail boom up so its completely parallel with the table top. Side to side alignment is done by eye. I use thickened epoxy to fill up the gap between the boom and the fuse and use a rotating motion to work the thickened epoxy in. Make sure the tail boom is as far enough in as the instructions specify. Once the thickened epoxy has set I put a glass and wrap around the joint and I put a reinforcing piece of glass and epoxy that goes around the bottom of the fuse and way up the pod and around the wrapped joint. This is probably an overkill, but I once has a tail boom yank loose and was only saved by the fact that my skeg was screwed in through the fuse and the boom. I was wondering why I had to feed in more and more up elevator trim all day!

Anker