----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Soaring@airage.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 05, 2005 8:52 AM
Subject: [RCSE] Re: line and FAI events

Oh c'mon! For me, Mr. Subaverage, the homebuilt Ford L/S with 200m of 200lb mono. ONLY way to go! Launches as high or higher than "club"winches with braid.

We don't need no steenkin' retriever! It's only a lousy 200m. If you're flying alone or with widly spaced winches, it can be a shorter walk than that.

By the bye, Mr. Subaverage is an overweight 72 yr old...

Again, build an el cheapo winch and load it with mono. Watch that moldie zoom!

We have a readily available winch motor in the Ford long shaft used from the first model Fords till 1966. > > The sucker weighs a ton and the battery to support it is always the largest in the line because it can draw so much current.
.

Ouch. 300m to the turnaround. (FAI is merciful only 200m)

So now we need a retriever.