And to make it soaring related, go to the Otago peninsula and watch the albatross take off and land. A relatively rare event for each bird...but there are lots of them there and the approaches are wonderful to observe.

John wrote:

Gordy,

My wife and I just retuned from 30 days in New Zealand in
November/December. If this is your first trip you should really put the
planes away and see that beautiful country. Go to 90-mile beach, Rotorua;
see the geothermal sites, all on the north island along with all the great
beaches and cultural sites. Then take the boat over to the south island and
the tour all the wonderful landscape. Lord of the Rings was filmed in New
Zealand because of all the wonderful nature. The south has glaciers, fjords,
wildlife, Milford Sound, Queenstown, Nelson, Arthur's pass, Mount Cook,
etc.etc.etc.  My wife is usually ready to come home after a month away and
she wanted to extend our stay because it is one of the most wonderful places
we have ever visited. Do yourself a favor, if you have not seen the counter
before, and see the country and fly when you get back home.

John

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------

So I am in the lifty New Zeland air yesterday, 14mins left for my LSF4 one
hour flight task, and my TX starts beeping for food.

I have a couple of options:
Give up and land.
Swap packs
Turn off the tx and attempt a mini fast charge to finish out the flight (if
I had PCM for hold)
....BUT
what if I didn't have a battery problem?

I just wanted to set the TX on the ground or hand it to someone while I had
a drink or put on my hat or some sun screen.

Does the flight cancel when I am not in possession of the TX, or the TX is
off and I am not controling the model any more?

Would I have qualified for my one hour if the TX died and the model flew off
to Australia?
How about Tazmania?
or to McDonalds?

Would I have truly achieved one hour if I was not in control of the model
and TX the entire time of the flight...by the rules...AND the spirit?

Just a little research for an upcoming RCSD article...By the way if you have
not downloaded this months RCSD,,,you are totally missing out!
http://www.b2streamlines.com/RCSD-2005-03.pdf
Gordy