Don, get a couple of pieces of metal plumbing pipe the rod ends will fit into for leverage. If possible, first rotate the rod so the bent ends point to the tail, put the nose in your belly and simultaneously bend the rods back. You should be able to straighten it enough to get it out, but will likely need a new rod. Otherwise, saw it off one bent end so you can pull it out the other side.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Don & Lisa Copley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <soaring@airage.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 06, 2005 4:33 PM
Subject: [RCSE] How do you...?

Ya'll
I was flying today (Aquila Grande) when I probably shouldn't have been in 20
mph gust. We used a winch and she "kited" on me before I knew it and hit the
ground on the nose and cart wheeled to the wing. The only damage I have
found thus far is my outer panel snapped at the dihedral and threw my
spoiler out of that wing. My problem is a night at the work bench but the
real question is how do I remove the 5/8" steel rod in the fuse as it was
bent on both sides during the launch? The rod is 9" long 3" is into each
wing.

Thanks,
Don