Don,

You asked:

Anybody have a way to tint your canopy w/o warping the plastic?

RIT dye works fine. The first time I used the dye, I had the water too hot and warped the plastic. The second time, I used a scrap piece of plastic for testing. With a thermometer in the water, I kept raising the temperature and sticking in the test piece. In this way, I got an estimate of the temperature at which the plastic started to warp. When I tinted the canopy, I kept the temperature below the warping temperature and everything came out fine. Periodically, I took the canopy out of the dye solution to judge the amounting of tinting. When it looked right to me, I stopped the tinting process.

Dick
Dr. Richard C. Williamson            Phone:  781-981-7857
Room C-317                           FAX:    781-981-0122
Lincoln Laboratory                   Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
244 Wood Street
Lexington, MA 02420-9108