I think you mis-understood that about the EVO.  The mixer declaration is
global, but the amount of mixing is not.  Also, there are 5 predefined
mixers, and 14 mixer slots, so you can define plenty more mixers of your
own.

So, for my EVO, I have a mixer for say, the elevator output, that mixes
the elevator stick and the flap stick.  That mixer itself, I can use on
any model and if I change it to say, add alieron stick input to the mixer,
that change will apply to all models that use that mixer.  But the amount
of mixing is unique for every model.

-Charles