I admit it, if I am messing around with RealFlight flight sim I typically fly the Helicopters. I would own one of these micro helicopters but I haven't wanted to commit to the hundreds of bux that it would take to get something that I start talking myself into when I start looking at the modification web sites.

A couple of weeks ago TK and Robin Meek, both SOAR club members and friends of mine told me about this cheap R/C helicopter that was durable, easy to fly and fun to mess around with in the living room. When I heard < $80, RTF out of the box, I was in to try that. Well I got this thing on Friday and have been buzzing around my living room since. Yes, it's a toy, (I know you guys with your Shoguns and Hornets will scoff at me) there is no 3D capability here, no cyclic, the tail rotor works differently... but it is FUN to fly. I have made a few mods as you can see, I have removed the stickers and curved the landing gear. I get over 8 minute flights with the included LiPo.

If Chicago still wasn't stuck in winter I would be flying gliders, but I thought there might be some guys on here that might like to fly around their living room for fun too.

Here is a QuickTime video that Rae just shot, enjoy:
http://www.jimbacus.net/blog/video/JVB_Indoor_Copter.mov

Jim Downers Grove, IL Member of the Chicago SOAR club, and Team JR AMA 592537 LSF 7560 Level IV R/C Soaring blog at www.jimbacus.net