Well said, Steve. It is the discerning modeler who wants the very best, the
most flexible radio, who is atracted to complex 12 channel scale ships. That's
who the 4000 appeals to. Like any high end product, the market is modest and
you won't find support in every small town. It's no different than high
performance cars, boats or any other special interest.

In our hobby, Horizon puts out a nice line of popular priced planes and radios
and offers reasonable levels of support. But they aren't the high end, they are
not the best and most innovative, the most carefully thought out and
considered. They represent good value for a broad market. They are middle of
the road products, not the best of the best.

But when you want true excellence like a Let sailplane or a Profi 4000,
distribution and support are very modest. THe irony is that John D. is very
much like Ernie. There's only one of each. Both provide very high quality
service, both are very knowledgeable, both are super guys to deal with.

But if either John or Ernie decide to do something else in life, those of us
who enjoy a Let sailplane or Profi 4000 will bemoan the loss but will find
another source for high quality products via word of mouth or the internet.

That's the way life is. Those who most highly value support, should buy radios
like JR. Those who want the very best should consider the Profi 4000.

I can only look at the short term in life. No one knows where any of will be
tomorrow. And short term, I can get my Profi 4000 service in 24 hours with
Ernie. JR doesn't promise that level of service. Does Let?!

My final 2 cents on this topic,

Steve