>>>grams/cc.)  There are heavier metals than lead but I doubt if many are
cheaper.
Or legal HA!

Don
Ps. You are right about those ICON pilots I heard they carry around nuclear
reactor batteries for those long timed flights. Next to an ICON a reactor is
cheap.

Subject: Re: [RCSE] alternate to lead shot

At 01:26 PM 3/14/2005, D Hauch wrote:
>Hi,
>I see that Federal Ammunition has a tungston shot out,
>and there's another that is heavier then that. (Matrix) ?

Density of tungsten is about 19.6 grams/cc.  The heaviest known element is
osmium at about 22.6 grams/cc.  Most anything heavier than tungsten is mind
bogglingly expensive (only Icon pilots could even consider it) or toxic or
both.

>It say's it's 30% heavier then lead.

Lead is about 11.3 grams/cc.   (Steel is about 7.8 grams/cc and aluminum
around 2.7 grams/cc, titanium comes in at 4.5 grams/cc and tin at 7.3
grams/cc.)  There are heavier metals than lead but I doubt if many are
cheaper.

Cheers,

Bill

"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that
MIME turned off.  Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL
are generally NOT in text format