Dremel has an attractive repair/replacement policy. If your tool has been out of production for awhile and is broken, they will replace it with a reconditioned unit for a very reasonable price. Check the Dremel site; www.dremel.com look under customer service, maximum repair charge. Probably $25 or $32. I turned in two old Dremels, got two like new units that have served me very well.

See the quote below from the Dremel web site.

Barry

* These tools are no longer in production and in many cases can no longer be repaired. For the latest maximum repair charge, your tool will be replaced with a current reconditioned model.

On Mar 19, 2005, at 11:24 PM, glide wrote:

I bought the variable cordless model and I like it! It has all the tidbits
that I use and ones I don't <grin>. The one I really like that is an
optional item is the diamond wheel cutter. [EMAIL PROTECTED] it cuts through stuff like
crazy! The cordless model I got has a large carrying case that I am able to
store my corded model in addition to my cordless one. I bought an extra
battery and the fast charger just in case I have some large project and need
the extra battery time and portability.

Al Battad

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Bullard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 4:39 PM
To: RCSE
Subject: [RCSE] Dremel tool

Having worn out another Dremel tool, so I'm shopping for a new one. Tower
has one for $64 which is the older version with less accessories. Home Depot

has the fancy new version with more accessories for $79. The also have the
new and more expensive cordless.

Have any of you bought the new version? Is it worth the extra $$$$? Is the
cordless worth yet even more?

Thanks in advance.

Randy

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News. Send "subscribe" and
"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Please note that
MIME turned off. Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL
are generally NOT in text format