Jim -

The flat wrench is called a cone wrench. You will need a pair of cone wrenches to properly tighten the bearing locknuts on a typical bike wheel hub. Any good bike shop should have parts to rebuild the hub that you have. If they laugh at you head out the door and go find the good shop in town. My brother owns a bike shop, he takes great pride in his collection of old pieces and parts.

happy trails - Rob Glover

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:53:00 -0500
From: James R MacLean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

But, on saturday we checked out the equipment and the retreiver bicycle
sprocket bail was broke!  This is a Rham retreiver which has given us
good service for about five years.  No problem I think. Just go down to
Bob's bicycle shop and buy a new one.  Oops.  They laugh and say where
did you get that old timer!  Some time later, the new sprocket bearing is
ready with their help and some luck looking in the back of some of their
junk drawers.  We are OK for now. Where do you go to get an old time
front sprocket or at least some new ball bearings to rebuild the
sprocket?  And the 9/16 " thin open end wrench needed to tighten the
locking nuts.

Advice and thoughts appreciated.  Jim MacLean,  Melbourne, FL