From: Dave Register [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 10:22 AM
To: Soaring
Subject: [RCSE] Re: Sprocket? (Hub?)

For the Rahm, did you mean a sprocket or a hub? Not trying to be picky but
searching for a hub might get some hits. I believe the unit that re-directs
the line onto the take up wheel is the front hub from a bicycle - looks
almost like an old Huffy type but is still available from a few places
on-line. Probably also available by calling Huffy.

The bike shop in our town closed up about a year ago so finding one on-line
is convenient. Lost my turn-around a while back and got desperate so I
swiped the hub off my kids old bike to make a new one.
Works fine. That might be a source - look for old junked kid's bikes.
Getting the hub out doesn't take too long. A better quality hub - but more
expensive - might be:

http://www.totalbike.com/products/Hubs/B00076WJJM/

Apologies if I misinterpreted the part you were looking for.

- Dave R
"unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Please note that
MIME turned off.  Email sent from web based email such as Hotmail and AOL
are generally NOT in text format