I read the rules but it was kind of unclear. All that
was stated was that you could not change the size or
shape. If it means that each individual component
(rudder, vertical fin as two pieces) then yes it is
not legal. If you took the whole assembly (rudder and
fin together) it is legal as I am not changing the
size or shape of the assembly. I just wanted
clarification before I made a choice.

You can change the internal structure so it will
launch hard or dihedral within 25% but you can't take
off a balance tab while leaving the fin/rudder area
the same? Oh Well...Looks like I will put the balance
tab back on. And yes, I'd bet no one would notice
unless I did well. Fat chance of that happening.  ;)

Thanks for all your input.

Mark