Jon Stone wrote:
David,

The spoiler suggestion is one good solution I have used before. Seems sometimes the radio just does not give you all the available throw.

The caveat of this approach is to make sure there is some down elevator throw
left over, so you are able to dork the plane in, if needed.  On one of my
planes years ago, I had to pull the flap partially in, to get enough down
deflection to drive the plane to the nail on final.

Now, my understanding is the 2nd mix point is a % of the first mix so

Are you sure?  I have never heard that one before.  I thought the 2nd mix # was
independent of the first.

How about drilling another hole in the elevator horn, closer to the pivot point? That would address all of the issues you discussed (force on servo, enough throw, etc). I realize this may not be easy,

Regards,

Jon Stone

Lachowski suggested a longer horn at the servo. Since the Pike has a full flying stab and can't be adjusted on the aft end.I'm already running a long horn at the elevator but I might be able to fit another 1/8in.in the fuse.
I pretty sure I'm right about the % issue.
Spoiler comp may be the only solution. It's the last thing I was going to try.
Since I only need a few degrees of additional down with full flap to maintain a nice glide slope, I'll still have plenty of down for the infamous dork, only if necessary of course :-)

Just tried additional spoiler mix and it gives me a greater endpoint with full flaps.
I'll test it tomorrow. The problem is I have a perfect glide slope with 54% on the first mix, But now that I've increased the EP I'll have to cut back on the first mix to maintain that same glide slope which, if my assumption is correct about the % of 2nd mix to first, (and I'm not 100% positive of that assumption)will also affect the 2nd mix. Whew! too much splainin'

Let you know tomorrow how it turns out.

Thanks,

David