I have had carbon fuses in the past.  Antenna completely inside, and no range problems.  I've also owned carbon/kevlar weave fuses that were horrible with range.    I also know of others planes known for having radio range problems that have the fuse made from a carbon-kevlar weave cloth.    My point is not to bash any particular plane, so none were mentioned.

I'm thinking the carbon/kevlar weave might be similar to the grating that keeps certain frequency RF from escaping microwave ovens.  I'm guessing the weave may somehow be different, RF wise, than a carbon only cloth fuse.

Is the type of cloth a fuselage is made of, even an issue?

Regards,

Jon