Bruce -

According to the AMA, who has to sign off on the insurance papers, it is a valid measure of interfield interference.  After having participated in the process I also think that it's valid. You might want to check out the procedural documentation before you reject it out of hand. AMA document 535-F outlines the procedures and may be downloaded from the AMA website if you are a member of the AMA.

happy trails - Rob Glover

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce DeVisser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Soaring@airage.com
Sent: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 22:01:24 -0800
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Re:Signal strength switch?

Hi Rob,

Your test with a glitch counter is not a vaild measure of interference, unless the model carrying it has been calibrated in a "clean environment", like a radio test chamber, and the area under test has been profiled across the user's frequency band. I've had hundreds of glitches recorded on calibrated devices and not seen a single twitch from the plane. FYI...

Bruce DeVisser