Typical.....

Everyone else in the world uses synthesized receivers because there's cheaper to make than individual crystals or continuous tuning mechanisms because its possible to make stable, high performance receivers cheaply. Finally, the mainstream R/C world gets round to doing this, they must be one of the very last holdouts. So what do we find? A $70 receiver listed at $200 (and that's supposed to be a 30% "discount"). I'd pay extra for the glitch filtering you get wiith receivers like the Bergs, but I definitely not going to pay two to three times over normal for a product that's main advantage is that it simplifies the manufacturer's inventories.

Martin Usher