I recommend you stick with a pump that has a built-in cooling fan like the two mentioned in Phil's link.

The 4Z026 is probably fine for most people. Takes less power to run too. That is what I use most of the time. I have a valve similar to what Phil uses. Pump is fine for 4 bags on the evenings when I happen to bag four tip panel skins in the molds.

Diaphram pumps are fine. That is what the ones mentioned above are.
Rotary vane pumps have higher flow rates, but some of them also require oil for operation.

Phil Barnes wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Johns" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

For those who are using Gast pumps, which model?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333843

Post number 10 in the above link.

Are folks using diaphragm pumps successfully for continuous duty applications?

I've never bothered to figure out what type of pump it is that I use. It is sold as a continuous duty pump and that's all I've ever been interested in knowing.

Phil

.