"regis" wrote:

>The only legitimate function of government is the protection of its
>citizens.

Oops! You left out "rights" at the end.

>But here is some good news:
>Model Planes May Soar at Former Superfund Sites (The Washington Post)
>By Cindy Skrzycki, Page E01, April 05, 2005
>What comes to mind when you hear the word Superfund? Nasty, abandoned
>toxic waste dumps? An underfunded federal cleanup program? Real
>estate that...
><http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A26674-2005Apr4.html> :-)

Here's a "tiny url" from http://www.tinyurl.com for that Washington Post
article:

http://tinyurl.com/3r8er

>I am not sure what Harley Michaelis apologized for.   He alerted this
>group to a problem we might have been too complacent about. Gas
>prices are already $3.00 in some places.   While not historically
>high, that could double if the $100 + per barrel (as predicted) is
>reached.   Didn't we all become a bit more aware?  Regis

Everybody knows gas prices are increasing. Harley Michaelis vectored the
urban legend that spurning gasoline from Shell, Chevron, Texaco, Exxon, and
Mobil will cut off the funding of terrorists. That's a completely different
issue and it's false. I'm sure he's a loyal http://www.snopes.com fan now.

Mike
--
Winch Solenoid Safety Buzzer - http://www.vvsss.com/buzzer/