Well, it was windier than predicted, but still the warmest day we have seen this year. When I got to the field McCarthy had his new Ferrari red Sharon Pro X tail out, Charley had his Hera out and I brought out my nasty old ICON that Daryl is so fond of. 8-)

A couple of bungee launches found us working pretty good air, but I wanted to do some zooms. Jimbo said he had his F3B winch with him so we strung it out. 10 - 15mph wind, F3B winch, big 'ole Trojan battery and mono means ZOOM. What a blast, put a tube in the ICON and only popped Jimbo's mono once. 8-) TK showed up and started sharing the Sharon with Jimbo every time that LJ called which was about every 5 minutes today. 8-) It was during one of these intermissions that I asked TK for the sticks, I wanted to try Jimbo's new toy. TK has this thing specked and in very good air, like screaming good air. So I start feeling it out, and went right into ThermalLooping it at high speed in the strong air. I hear Jimbo in the background, "gotta go, call you back, gotta go... OK, NOW YOU GOT MY ATTENTION"

heh heh heh   8-)

Actually a very nice toy, stiff and faster than I thought they were, I had never flown the X tail version of the Sharon before.

I got one more launch on my ICON before Jimbo packed up the winch. I kept flying it, gave it to TK and he flew the crap out it doing F3B runs continuously in the big air. Then he gave it back to me, I bet Jimbo has made it all the way home and we are still flying the crap out of this huge air.

Eventually we thought better of pushing the batteries too far and landed it, what a day.

Anybody else get some today?

Jim Downers Grove, IL Member of the Chicago SOAR club, and Team JR AMA 592537 LSF 7560 Level IV R/C Soaring blog at www.jimbacus.net