One week ago was our monthly club contest and I managed to break my AVA fuse on
a trim flight with my DUMB thumbs and then found a broken left v-tail push rod
in my Sharon Pro. Needless to say I scored nada for our April club contest.

But I was ready for yesterday. I actually didn't get out to the field until
around 3:00 pm and was told that I had missed all the good air.  Okay, no big
deal as I was planning on trimming out 3 sailplanes and the air was quiet, 0 to
5 max and partly sunny.

First the Sharon Pro, an ex Tom Kiesling bird with a new Carbon push rod of
course. First time with the JR 9303 TX so my set up was best guess. As usual
the Sharon rotated quickly and climbed out without as much as a wimper. The
zoom was as expected with 250# test braided line. Pretty soon we were at 1/2
launch altitude and I began to think about my crow setting and was about to
test that when the signal with the tail up and a slight speed increase said not
yet. I worked myself into the core of a small thermal and within 3 or 4 minutes
I was speced out and had to return to the field. Now with over 10 minutes of
flight time I finally tested the crow and got an 80 + landing. Sharon is ready
for the season.

Next was my E-4 with a new to me but slightly used fuse from Skip Miller.
Actually near perfect condition, thank you very much Skip. Same routine, Great
launch mit zooom and 3 to 4 minutes looking for that elusive bubble. Sure
enough, in the same location the E-4 climbed out to spec in the sky. I brought
it back, checked the crow, and landed with another 85 + landing.

The third bird is a new Graphite 2 flown once just before winter and put away.
Needless to say another spec job resulted, crow worked perfectly and was
followed with another 80 + landing.

These three birds are ready for the season, the question is, am I ?

What a terrific day for flying.

Regards, Dave Corven.