You know what would be cool - if you took one apart and integrated it
into your club's freq board, so each board slot would have it's own
LED light indicating if it was open or not (but do NOT use it as a
subtitiute for putting your card/pin up there). Shouldn't be too hard
to wire that up, and cheap too.

You could also integrate the antenna (or a custom long range antenna)
and a solar power source on top of your freq board and have it always
be on.

A project for next winter . . .