Li-Poly is the current defacto 'standard' for drive-battery applications. [EMAIL PROTECTED] weighs 13 oz, and can give it up at 60 amps. Minimal self-discharge, and guys are using them for Rx packs, along with voltage regulators, in giant scale, and I've seen a 2000mah li-poly setup for the Royal evo at esprit model's sight.

Check out Thunder power's site, as well as kokam's.

Matt

Cameron wrote:

I am hearing a lot of talk about lithium-polymer batteries, but I don't know
much about them.  What is the real info with lithium-polymer batteries?  Can
they be used to replace either Tx or Rx Ni-Cd battery packs for RC
applications?  Can lithium-polymer batteries handle hi current draw
applications?  Does lithium-polymer discharge over extended periods of time
like Ni-Cd batteries?  Does lithium-polymer deteriorate in capacity (and
storage) as the ambient temperature increases?

In advance, thank you for the info.

Cameron Ninham