Cameron -

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=129  for a very thorough discussion on the pros and cons of LiPo. They are good stuff, but be careful with them. Get a good charger and pay attention when you use them. I use an Astro 109 and charge the batteries in an ammo can when I do so indoors. They are capable of releasing a lot of energy in an unplanned fashion.

happy trails - Rob Glover

In a message dated 4/24/2005 11:12:27 P.M. Central Standard Time, Soaring@airage.com writes:
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 21:22:33 -0400
From: "Cameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "RCSE" <soaring@airage.com>
Subject: Info on lithium-polymer batteries???

I am hearing a lot of talk about lithium-polymer batteries, but I don't know
much about them.  What is the real info with lithium-polymer batteries?  Can
they be used to replace either Tx or Rx Ni-Cd battery packs for RC
applications?  Can lithium-polymer batteries handle hi current draw
applications?  Does lithium-polymer discharge over extended periods of time
like Ni-Cd batteries?  Does lithium-polymer deteriorate in capacity (and
storage) as the ambient temperature increases?

In advance, thank you for the info.

Cameron Ninham