LOL! I was thinking the same thing! Not sure I want to be camped that close to the runway! I'm working on the almost impossible task of reserving a nearby hotel room in case I can't fly up there and camp out under a wing.

For sure I'll bring along my Photon DLG and a an electric or two for early evening fun!

Keith

Funny that you and Benn mention camping out near the runway... That is
exactly what we did. We were at the approach end of the runway, right under
the runway extension line into Sun 'n Fun. It sure was awesome to see the
P-38 Lightning (Glacier Girl from the Lost Squadron), several P-51D
Mustangs, F4 Phantom, some Corsairs, F16 & F18's, L39 jets, DC-3, Grumman
Albatross'es, many private/business jets, the new Eclipse 500 VLJ (Very
Light Jet), Adams A500 and A700, Lancair's, Cirrius'es, and all the various
other home built aircraft, etc. It was AWESOME!

We were definitely woken up every morning around 7~7:30 AM as they started
coming in for finals.

Of course after watching them for a while and looking at some guys overshoot
the base leg, then bank STEEP to make it back on line for short final
(line-up with the runway) you could not help but wonder what would happen if
the guy/pilot made a cross-controlled stall and nose dived it down into the
ground... What would the chances be of being hit... *grin*

If you end up going to Oshkosh give me a buzz. The chances are good that we
will be going also -- if only for a day or two (over the weekend).

Regards,

Cameron