I've had a 9CH of about the same vintage and do get full flap travel OK in Butterfly mode. Must've got lucky on the software upgrade.

I missed the OFST function. Thanks, that's very useful.

I've recently gone to flaps on the left slider with two point elevator compensation (do-able from the slider menu). Full slider gives 90 flaps. This does not allow aileron deflection but with a little messing around with the flaps and compensation, it works well. Better roll control on approach. Also a little easier (for me) for glide path control since you can feather in and out with just a finger motion. Still have thermal and speed modes on the switch as the fine adjustment for thermal work is not adequate on the slider.

'Butterfly' is still programmed but the slider is always on. The more I use it, the more I prefer the slider for flaps rather than the switched butterfly settings.

Yeah, the trim setting in the preset modes is a PITA. Wish they'd change that. But after a couple of those events, you remember to switch to the middle position before trimming.

For some activities it can be useful. If you're working on a launch preset (say for DLG), you can be in launch preset and make adjustments without going into the menu. However, it's too easy to mess that up in routine flying so the small benefit is not worth it (my opinion).

I've been using the synth module with my 9CH for about 6 weeks now. Seems to be very reliable and has worked fine on 5 different frequencies and 4 different receivers thus far. My only wish is that the index marks were easier to read. With the recess and the small size of the (red) indicators, it's rather easy to set them a digit off, especially if trying to adjust in not the best lighting (take off your sunglasses, don't stand under a tree or in deep shade). That could be awkward if you're trying to adjust on the fly at a field and someone is on an adjacent channel. It's still a very fine unit but larger numbers or a clearer indication of the pointers would be an improvement.

- Dave R