I like the little zippered  David Clark type  black cordura headset bags they
sell at Sporty's pilot shop, they have an "aviator" look to them, with
stenciling areas on the outside for impound info. Not very crush resistant, but
it
works and looks stylish. Heck, half the time, (when not using an electric
soarer) I just use the same 5-gallon pail I keep my hi-start in: Hi-start and
it's
accouterments go in the bottom, leaves a space on top just right for an insert
tray for tools, the TX, Walkman, , glues, tape, and a baggie with some odds
and ends for snacking, washing up, bandaids, etc. Then add one of those
2-dollar seat cushion pail lids, and I got me something to sit on out there
while
working on the plane, or to relax on during a long flight.  neat, enclosed,
weather tight and unitized package, bucket and plane and good to go.

 The down side is you might look like you're sitting on a field toilet from a
distance. OTOH, some guys don't like a lot of chattering company around when
they fly,...;-)