I had the same problem. It looks like the blind nut is aluminum and the threads were slowly wearing away. Through further investigation the supplied screw was only engaging about half the threads. So I took the middle screw moved it to the front and purchased a 30mm to use in the middle. All seems to look good for now. I think a thread lubricant would be a good idea to help preserve the existing threads that are there.

Steve Meyer
SOAR
LSF IV