For those of you who actually read the magazines, or know something of our radio history, you'll recognize the name George Steiner.

George tests all RX's that we get to buy, officially or for his own interest. Since he was part of the team who wrote the AMA specs that suppliers must meet for AMA certification, he kind of knows them.

He has been an rc pilot since before I was born, so he knows what is needed in a RX to work and knows what is desired.  He knows the difference between a nice gimmick and a beneficial feature.  He tests on the bench with gadgets and he field tests too, but at this point he knows from the bench readings if its gonna work passing by close to all 50 Tx channels on and along the flight line.

Currently the problems aren't inside rx's, they are 'around' the rx's.  No matter what bumps and humps are glued or soldered to the rx's boards, if the signal can't get to them, they can't do their job.  The Carbon/Kevlar burlap weave fuses that are nearly unbreakable are just as tough about sheilding the rx antenna from its Tx's signals.

Today all the majors are making sufficient rx's, as are the innovators like Shadow or Berg.
All are susceptible to component gremlins or manufacturing snaffoos but in general all get the signal and use it just as well as the next.  If there is a problem with some of the new rx designs, its that they are too tiny....for old eyes, clunky, bulky servo plugs and stiff fingers, when located in tight fuses :-)

Gordy
Milwaukee Wisconsin today