Hi Dave,

Use a light bulb or similar to drain the cell(s) down to zero voltage. Leave the load on there for some time to make sure the cell is truly empty. Once that's done, puncture the plastic envelope in a few places and soak them in very salty water for a day or so. Then you can just throw 'em in the regular trash.

My reference is here...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2524155&postcount=11

    Dan

Dave Brombaugh wrote:

Folks,
We have several Lithium Ion/Li-poly cells at work, two of which have
gotten pretty bloated.

It's my understanding that it would be good to get rid of these pretty
quickly - ideally before we burn the building down.

What is the best way to get rid of these batteries when they are in this
state?

Thanks in advance.
-       Dave