In a message dated 5/3/2005 3:18:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Sherman,

In my case I am considering a large 4.5 meter (177”) scale sailplane.  The
sailplane’s wing uses six servos – three servos per side.  The wing is
designed for three servos per side.  (I would prefer not using mechanical
linkages, and using software mixing instead.)  Thus the wing servos would
operate L & R flap, L & R inboard aileron, and L & R outboard/tip ailerons.
I would like the outboard ailerons to match the movement of the inboard
ailerons – but possibly reduce the total travel of the outboard ailerons to
60~80% travel compared to the inboard ailerons.  Depending on the sailplane
characteristics, e.g. adverse yaw, I may need to increase or reduce the
percentage of mixing and the ratio of movement between the outboard and
inboard ailerons.

Thank you,

Cameron Ninham

If you use all the dedicated mixes with the 9303, you have Three channels and nondedicated mixes available.  It would be fairly simple to mix master aileron to outboard aileron (Aux2?) and mirror image the same with right aileron.  So one mix for each side.  that would allow you work those outboard ailerons,

For the master, select Ail+.  This means that the dual rate, expo rate and trim settings of the aileron are mirrored to the outboard aileron.  For slave, use, I believe Aux2 and Aux3.  Mixes would allow you to have these turn on or off or to two separate mix rates depending on switch location.

I have not actually done this on an airplane yet, (dont have any 6 servo wings to experement on)  Please let me know what you finally come up with or if you have nay feedback to my comments.  I an courious to find out if the differential settings of the ailerons are transferred to the outboard ailerons.

thanks again

Sherman Knight
The Law Offices of Sherman L Knight
5400 Carillon Point