Jim Laurel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>As to you guys who are buying cheap Wal-Mart batteries to put into your
>sailplanes, what are you thinking?  Why take a chance on ruining an
>expensive sailplane with anything less than the absolute best?  And for
>what, so you can save a few dollars?  That's crazy.  Use the very
>highest quality batteries you can find, built into the very best packs
>by the very best builders, and thus minimize the potential for failure.

WalMart sells Energizer 2300+ MAH AA cells, which are what I use in all my
sailplanes, although I do avoid buying mine from WalMart. It really makes no
difference where you buy them aside from the price and your feelings about
the store itself. You'll get the same batteries regardless.

As for building a four- or five-cell pack, it's not rocket science. In fact,
it's nothing compared to setting up even an ARF model plane. Most of us have
the appropriate skills and tools.

But here's what I want to know: How do you go about identifying "the very
highest quality batteries"? What particular brand of battery do you have in
mind that you know to be of higher quality and dependability than the
Energizers sold at WalMart, and how do you know this?

Mike
 --
                      _____