--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Most spectacular flight had to be a Bubble Dancer that was superbly
trimmed.  In the next to last round on Sat., this plane was lauched
and (best guess) the RX battery died shortly after launch.  The plane
thermalled magnificently for about 10+ minutes in view before
circling away out of sight WAY downwind.  John Diniz took off in his
truck, picked up pilot who was in chase on foot, and they took off
after the plane.   They had to give up about 2.5-3 miles away when
they couldn't cross a park between them and the thermalling plane,
hooking up yet again and gaining altitude.  The owner's name was in
the plane, I hope he gets it back.

That was my Bubble Dancer.  It was the last round of the contest
actually (the 15 minute task).  For me, the moral to this story is to
make proper use of the technology you have.  I had a few 1 hour
flights on that model as well as some "all day sessions".  But I had
not flown it much over the winter or this spring due to moving.  I
should have used my Cirius battery checker to see if it would still
deliver the 600 mA it did when I first checked the pack out.  I also
should have used my Cirius Pro to charge it after every flight.

I posted a note to the Allegro group, but I'd like to send a
big "shout out" to John D. at JR.  JR/Horizon is doing a great job
sponsoring the OVSS.  I really appreciated John's help attempting to
hunt this "runaway sailplane" down.  I'm hoping in a few days the
media reports that the Bubble Dancer is found in Reno (or wherever
they found the runaway bride) playing some baccarat.

The CSS guys put on a great contest.

Ryan Woebkenberg