The third race was with Joe Wurts, (I remember last years ISR where Joe Wurts, Tom Copp, and myself were in the fly offs I think Tom was leading, Joe was running second and I was running third. I passed Joe coming up and getting very close to Tom, I had the opportunity to pass Tom at base A on about lap five I tried to out pull Tom in the corner at base A and nearly flicked the plane into the lower hill well everybody knows how the story ends Tom wins it Joe takes second and myself third. Back to the race with Joe, Joe and myself were running very tight I guess it was karma because in about lap 4 or 5 Joe pulled a little to hard at base A and did just what I did last year, on I went to take the win.

The very last memory and this one will always stay with me is in round 3 when I had to go up against Tom Copp and Thomas Pils (for the people who don’t know Thomas he is a very fast and tight flier, excellent thumb) anyway we all launched and are climbing out, the clock was counting down 30 seconds, 20 seconds.,15 I think Thomas and Tom started to head back for the start and what am I doing, hanging out. I was about 3 seconds late for the start and that is not what you want to do especially in this company. I could never catch them not in a million years they really waxed my butt. Great flying guys!!

Well I hate to say it but there was a lot of carnage this year, I wasn’t paying too much attention  to the reasons why all I knew was that by round 2 there seemed to be about 8 or so airplanes that were pretty banged up. Sunday wasn’t as bad but then again there were some more broken composite parts lying around in the pits. I’m wondering if I could get a T-shirt that says (I survived the ISR 2005)!!

Thanks again Darrell Z.

P.S. sorry if I missed anyone

Great Race!!