Chuck Anderson wrote:
Far too many fliers are too stupid to be trusted with a dial-a-crash radio. They aren't even smart enough to know what frequency they are on without a synthesizer.

As was the case in the incident I outlined. It was NOT a synthesized module. It was a regular old module. He changed channels and "forgot" he had done it.

What I like about my synthesized radio (14MZ) is that it does not transmit until I tell it to. Gives me a chance to look at the channel and confirm it before it starts transmitting. Not the case with the guy with the wrong hardwired module in his radio.

WEM