[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>I don't blame the Academy...

But I thought WE were the Academy.

The AMA represents itself as an association made up of its members. With that
in mind, you are in effect telling us, "I don't blame us for sending
ourselves merchandize that we didn't ask for and then pressuring ourselves to
pay for that merchandize in order to raise money for ourselves."

But of course I'm being facetious. Your position makes much more sense if you
view the AMA the way many of us do: It's a business. It's an insurance
company that offers a unique type of insurance that we need, and so we're AMA
customers. And like most companies that have acquired our mailing addresses
for other purposes, they won't hesitate to send us unsolicited junk mail.

Mike
--
                      _____