Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 02:06:26 EDT
From: Got2soar@cs.com
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], soaring@airage.com
Subject: Re: [RCSE] IHLGF photo gallery

--part1_1da.3dc6e79c.2fd93662_boundary

Come on guys, sort them out and share them.  I gotta send links to all my
friends and family:-)

I just got home from another excellent soaring adventure kicked off at the
IHLGF.  It was 6 days of soaring with friends in SoCal, what a blast.  The long
version follows

  Things got started for me on Thursday morning.  I carried on JR 8108 radios
in my case and a backpack over the shoulder, also checked a sportube full of
XP-4's and a bag with no trouble, harassment or extra fees, I flew Northwest.
I met my flying buddy, Ken Marks in San Diego and after a quick stop at the
FedEx to pick up a sport tube full of slopers we headed to the flying field.

We got to the Poway field around 2 and I pulled out the hand launchers for a
quick inspection and charge.  The sky looked like it was gonna spit rain any
minute, the wind was blowing and it was cold enough for long sleeves.  It was
great fun seeing old friends and making new ones.  After walking and talking
the flight line for a bit I grabbed my back up for the backup and headed to the
field.  Even with the overcast and cold conditions the thermals were popping
like crazy, I love that field.  We flew until sunset and grabbed Mexican dinner
with friends to finish the day.

Friday started with open flying.  I got there early and flew each of my
planes 20-30 times and put em away.  At noon the DLG clinic got started with
great
attendance.  I think this is a great idea but was on a different side of the
fence than most:-0.  Afterwards the field was available for open flying.  Ended
that day at the hamburger joint with friends.

Saturday we flew 6 rounds and I put up about 21 flights.  With one really bad
round, landed out, and another just bad round I finished several spots out of
the top 10.  I knew Sunday I was gonna have to bring my A game.  We finished
the day at the pizza joint with friends.

Sunday turned out nice, In 20 flights I made fewer mistakes than most others
and managed to get myself into the finals in 10th place.  In the finals
conditions were tough with wind and really light thermals, Most of us put up 12
flights.  In the first round I flew a 2 minute flight without turning or making
forward motion!  I was throwing hard.  When things shook out I had climbed to
5th place for some wood.  I flew the XP-4 from www.polecataero.com all weekend.

Our day ended at the Japanese buffet with friends.

As always the contest was not short of people making sure everything went
smoothly.  Thank you to the TPG Gulls and their sponsors for letting me fight
it
out with my flying buddies all weekend.

You say you like flying in soaring contests?  Over the weekend I flew 53
flights against 90 contestants.  That means TPG organized over 4770 launches
and
landings.  Not a single popoff or line break:-)  Check out
http://www.torreypinesgulls.org/index.html

Monday morning we headed to Parker for excellent conditions where I took out
the all carbon Pike WR for some pretty fast DS runs.  The Mini JW from
www.bowmanshobbies.com was easy to build in the hotel and flew great.  I think
everyone got to take a turn bouncing it off the hill once or twice.  We had
quite a
crowd out there.  Ended that day at the Mexican joint with friends.

Tuesday I shipped my handlaunch Sportube home in the morning and we hit the
hill.  Parker was met with light conditions so we had an early lunch.  Things
got started soon and we broke out the planes.  After a few hours we decided to
give Vincent a try so we switched mountains.  Fly, fly, fly and then packed up
to start the journey home.

Yea, what a great time, post those pictures and videos.

Bruce Davidson
     Louisville, KY