From: Michael Lachowski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 7:04 PM
To: Ron Scharck
Cc: soaring@airage.com
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Contest Cosmo WAS: JR Aero tow Reply

One other thing Ron.  You do a good job of promoting the event.

And the Nats suffers from just the opposite on the weather.  There were
many years when soaring was stuck in the last week of July.  By the last
week in July, Muncie is usually hot and humid.

Of course, every time I have been to San Diego, I have managed to get
some of the not great weather. It's just not right to get hot and humid
and thunderstorms in San Diego.

Ron Scharck wrote:
> Steve:
>
> It really isn't fair to compare the NATS HLG event to the IHLGF. They are
> two entirely different cats. I use to attend the NATS on a regular basis,
> competing in most of the events, and I loved every single one of them. The
> LSF guys do a great job (in cooperation with AMA) of putting on a host of
> soaring events, most of which are very demanding from a personnel
> standpoint; and they only have a week to in which to cram all those
events.
> I know that I am not telling you, or anyone else who reads this and has
> actually been to the Soaring NATS, anything new.
>
> In real estate, something I have a passing knowledge of, the three key
words
> are: LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION! The IHLGF has that in spades. When
> someone plans to come to the IHLGF, they can be assured of four things
which
> few other locations can boast...and they all have to do with being located
> in Southern California: 1. Great weather, relatively speaking; 2. Great
> flying conditions (if you don't mind a dirt field); 3. A large contingent
of
> very talented pilots; and, 4. One of the top tourist destinations in the
> world. In all of the years (12) the IHLGF has been held, there has only
been
> two delays of starting the contest on time. Both had to do with an early
> morning misting. There has always been 6 rounds flown on Saturday and
seven
> (including the fly-offs) rounds flown on Sunday.
>
> Those are the basic reasons why the IHLGF has been able to be as
successful
> as it has been. Just the dumb luck of being in the right place at the
right
> time!
>
> Ron
>
> Ron Scharck, Registrar