Title: Re: [RCSE] "Hey I got a Sirius Charger Today!:
At 6:03 PM -0400 6/18/05, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Yep, me.

I've enjoyed a close friendship with George and Jo (mfg'rs of the Sirius Charger) for years, but never owned a Sirius Charger...mostly cuz I had bunches of other brands..and really good and fancy ones!

But losing a couple of Pikes recently (not due to batteries) really put the whole thing in perspective, it was time to get a Sirius so that dead batteries wouldn't be the next reason. It doesn't get much simplier or more worry free that using the Sirius. Its proven itself over the years to be just what it claims...a charger that insures a full battery and one that cares about keeping the batteries from decaying.

I got the Pro Sirius version and very happy about it.

You?

Gordy

No doubt the Sirius is a good charger, but decaying battery is fact of life. When battery die, no good charger can bring them back. I cycle mine, when they go below 80% of the rated capacity, they are going to the recycle bin(or use them in my camera or shaver). Not worth loosing  a model($1000.00+) over $15.00 worth of battery.  A good charger and taking care of battery will prolong the battery life but will not stop them from decaying.

Brian
--
Brian Chan
An Electric Airplane [EMAIL PROTECTED] Mateo.Ca.USA