The Spring Fling, and the second leg of the Triad is
now over. I'd like to say that a good time was had by
all... but the conditions were BRUTAL on Sat. The wind
was howling, which typically isn't a problem at Sac,
as there is normally plenty of lift even in the
wind.... but this day... air was spotty and tough.
Numerous big name pilots landing WAY downwind. I
dropped some time due to stupidity.

Bob McGowan, and his damn little 2M, bested everyone
on this day. I don't know how he does it with that
little thing. Mark Browning was leading open class
after the dust had settled on Sat going into Sunday.

Sunday opened up with little to no wind, and very
normal conditions for Davis. Air was plentiful and big
for those who stuck around. Sunday was the typical
steer and stab landing comp.

I really enjoy contests like this, where the air plays
a part in the outcome.

I have to say that I had a blast. I used to live up in
No. Cal, and it was nice to see some friendly faces
from years past.

Congrats to Bob McGowan, Dudley DuFort, Tom Watson,
Mark Browning, Mike Smith for sticking it out in the
tough conditions.

Special thanks to all the SVSS crew, and the numerous
helpers. Due to the rather extreme wind, line breaks
were plentiful, and they did a good job keeping things
going. Thanks to JT for putting us up, and putting up
with us.

Thanks to JT and Scott Meader for Co-CDing this thing.
Thanks to Dudley for staying in the trailer keeping
all the scores.

I have to say that I really did have a blast. Good to
get out and fly, see old friends, made some new ones.

Hope to see you all there next year. I'll certainly be
there!