Dido on the War Eagle.  I have one also.  Good strong flyer.  A bit heavy but strong.  Great looking ship too.  FYI...a War Eagle took third place at the Davis Spring Fling this year.
----- Original Message -----
To: jksuder
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 4:38 PM
Subject: Re: [RCSE] War Eagle RES

> Does anyone have any experiencw with the 3 meter War Eagle. Looks
> like
> a nice plane, but I would like some input before I commit to building
> one. You can see a few of the details and a picture at:
>
> https://ssl11.chi.us.securedata.net/pacificsailpla
> nes.com/merchantmanage
> r/v2/

I've been flying a War Eagle in RES competition for 3 years.  It flys quite well and the wing is very strong.  It takes pedal to the metal launches just fine.  Mine was built by the designer, Amos Kleinsasser, for my wife who gave it to me for a Christmas present.  How well it performs depends more on the pilot than the airplane but I'm reasonably happy with it.  I will say that the best landing score in a contest I've ever made was done with the War Eagle, 118 points out of 125 possible for 5 landings.  This is better than I've ever achieved with my Condor full house ship!  The fuselage is sturdy and the whole plane will take a lot of abuse.  You will have to watch your washout on the wings, if the wings warp, you can have a tip stalling problem but I think that applies to most every airplane.  The only other thing I would change on the War Eagle is  to replace the wing rod Amos supplies with his kits.  Order a rod from Don Richmond.  Its much harder aluminum and won't bend if you look at it cross-ways as the stock rod does.

I think you'll like the War Eagle.  It is a good flying ship.  The designer of the War Eagle (Amos Kleinsasser) is a member of my club and a friend.  Untill I find something a whole lot better, I'll continue to fly my War Eagle and be happy with it.

George Gillburg
Bakersfield, California